Judy Yuriko Lee concentrates her practice in estate planning, probate, guardianship and trust administration. She has represented clients in establishing wills and trusts, implementing sophisticated estate planning techniques, administering and terminating trust estates and resolving controversies concerning estate administration issues. She has been awarded an AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, and has been recognized with a listing in The Best Lawyers in America since the 2006 edition. Judy is recognized in Chambers & Partners Private Wealth Law-Hawaii as a Band 1 ranked attorney. Judy has been elected to the prestigious American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (“ACTEC”) and is currently serving as the Hawaii State Chair of ACTEC.
Examples of her work include:
• Trust Administration: Represented individual and corporate trustees in administering and terminating trust estates.
• Estate Litigation: Represented beneficiaries in will contest proceeding and negotiated settlement and resolution of issues in contested trust matters.
• Estate Planning: Prepared numerous wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, powers of attorney, gifting and transfer instruments.
• Probate: Represented individual and corporate personal representatives of both local decedents and non-resident alien decedents.
• Conservatorship/Guardianship: Represented clients to establish and administer conservatorships and guardianships of minors and incapacitated adults.
• Partnership and Corporate Planning: Established partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations and prepared documents on the administration of such entities.
Judy is an active participant of the estate planning community. She is the past Chair of the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the Hawai‘i State Bar and is a frequent speaker for the Hawai‘i Tax Institute and other continuing legal education programs and other professional and community associations. Judy has served as an adjunct professor at the University of Hawai‘i School of Law, teaching trusts and estates, and federal income tax, and has published several articles on trusts and estates topics.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
Judy is the current chair of the Hawai‘i Baptist Foundation and serves on her church’s Long Range Planning Committee. Born and raised in Hawai‘i, she enjoys spending time with family and traveling both in the United States and international locales.
Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D. (summa cum laude), 1989
Santa Clara University, M.B.A., 1989
University of Hawai‘i at Manoa, B.B.A. (with Honors), 1986
State Courts of Hawai‘i
U.S. District Court of Hawai‘i
American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Hawai‘i State Chair
Certified Financial Planner™
Hawaii State Bar Association (Past Chair, Probate & Estate Planning Section)
Hawaii Estate Planning Council (Past Director)
Hawaii Baptist Foundation, Chair
USS Missouri Memorial Association, Inc. (Director)
AWARDS & HONORS
The Best Lawyers in America, 2021
The Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year in Honolulu, 2015, 2021
Chambers, High Net Worth, 2020
Super Lawyers, 2020