Daniel’s practice focuses on securities regulation, private placements, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, entity structuring, complex institutional secured financings and general business law. He works with clients on corporate governance issues as well as various internal, operational and transactional business matters for SEC reporting companies, closely held corporations, LLCs and partnerships, including entity structuring, asset and stock acquisitions, shareholders’ agreements and buy-sells.
His experience includes:
- Handling primary negotiation and drafting responsibilities in numerous private placement securities offerings, including preferred and common stock offerings and convertible note financings.
- Assisting a major shareholder in a large Hawai‘i company in negotiating a management equity rollover and restricted stock grants in connection with the sale of the company to a private equity buyer for $60 million.
- Negotiating and drafting transaction documents for an international client making a $13 million strategic majority investment in a Hawai‘i company with local and international operations.
- Representing a Hawai‘i seller in a $15 million asset sale of an operating business unit.
- Assisting a large mainland buyer with the negotiating and drafting of transaction documents for a $13 million acquisition of two Hawai‘i companies.
- Assisting SEC reporting companies traded on the NYSE and Nasdaq with corporate governance and regulatory compliance matters, including proxy statements, annual reports, 10-Ks, 10-Qs and 8-Ks.
- Assisting large financial institutions in complex secured financings, including an $80 million construction loan for a mixed-used luxury condo project, a $50 million operating loan secured by stock, and a $25 million borrowing base revolving facility.
Prior to joining Goodsill, Daniel worked at a prominent corporate law firm in Omaha, Nebraska that represented a number of Fortune 500 companies, where he clerked for two years before working there as an attorney.
During law school, Daniel served as Lead Articles Editor for the Creighton Law Review and earned eight CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for achieving the highest grades in those classes.
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
Daniel was born and raised in Honolulu and is a graduate of Punahou School. After receiving his undergraduate degree, Daniel lived and worked in Japan for five years before entering law school. In his free time, Daniel enjoys spending time with his family and playing golf.
Creighton University School of Law, J.D., 2014 (magna cum laude)
Gonzaga University, B.A., 2006
Hawai‘i State Bar Association
Hawai‘i Venture Capital Association
Business Law Corps
The First Tee of Hawai‘i
AWARDS & HONORS
The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, 2021
Super Lawyers, Rising Stars 2018, 2019, 2020
Hawai‘i State Bar Association Leadership Institute Fellow 2018